Russell's Reserve Kentucky Straight Rye Whiskey

2. RCL

3. pkichula

4. bjknotts

5. PEZwhiskey

Fantastic. Sampled as a neat pour at Whiskey Cake. This is every bit of what I want in Rye. Nose- spice & crusty rye bread Palate- creamy mouthfeel, honey caramel & vanilla sweetness backed by plenty of baking spice Finish- is moderate and carries the spice out tapering to slight Oakiness.
  6. red19087

7. OldDude

8. IRISH-83

Ok for a rye
  9. petrarchanmotif

Little Toasted
  10. OldDude

I like a good rye whiskey I’m partial to them, this is a good rye whiskey. This isn’t a “WOW I’M A RYE WHISKEY”, but it’s a really well balanced and very smooth rye. A little on the sweeter side up front in the body with burnt sugars and cinnamon spice, if you search a little you might pick up a little raisin with the char barrel spice, the finish is a little spicy at first but it turns sweetly on the tongue. I guess the description of this for me is it is truly a congenial and not overly complex rye whiskey, it lacks the pizazz I generally expect. So even though this isn’t a standout rye for me it is certainly worth a try, completely enjoyable and not disappointing. This is obviously a rye whiskey, but it didn’t hit the “WOW” factor for me. I would’ve put this as a $30 bottle but in my neck of the woods but it hit me for $40. No regrets here mind you, but I can pick up my favorite “R” rye for $28.