Requested By SolanaRoots

2. WhiskyZak

3. glennhughes

New York
  4. Richard-ModernDrinking

I’m one of those people who struggles to make decisions when presented with too many choices, so my first visit to Jack Rose in DC last night induced as much anxiety as pleasure. Confronted with more than 2,000 options, I wrestled with how to even frame the parameters for a selection. Should I order something rare from a favorite distillery? An interesting independent? A distillery I haven’t tried before? One of their barrel selections? After many minutes of agonizing, I settled on the latest local barley from Springbank, on the grounds that it was on my wishlist and wasn’t something I’d find in many bars. I wasn’t disappointed. Though I didn’t take notes, I did commit to memory a pleasant lactic quality on the nose and a savoriness on the palate. It’s complex and different enough from the previous two releases to make it worth your time, and no doubt I’ll revisit it at greater leisure in future. As for my next visit to Jack Rose, I think I’ll need to plan well ahead, perhaps by getting there an hour early to peruse the menu. The thought is already stressing me out.
    20.0 USD per Pour
    Jack Rose Dining Saloon
  5. qklm

Neat in Glencairn Nose: Honey, tart cherry pie filling, hint of cereal milk Palate: Scorched Pear, a green apple tartness as if in a fine Sancerre Finish: oily, rich, lemon tart lingering With a few drops of alkaline water: Tartness drips away a bit revealing more cereal milk, creme brulee-esque notes.
  6. Yoshi_Yamagishi

7. vragis

8. stevemarvell

You think it's peat but then you remember it's barley.
    95.0 GBP per Bottle