Requested By murkywaters

William Heavenhill (7th Edition)

Kentucky, USA

Requested By murkywaters
    1. dubz480

Tasted April 7, 2021
      Heaven Hill are known for producing some of the very best Kentucky Bourbon and Rye's on the market. More than anything, they are known for providing incredible value for money (Elijah Craig, Evan Williams, Rittenhouse and Pikeville to name a few). They also have the premium priced Parker's Heritage line that annually offers special one of a kind Bourbon and Rye releases for $100+. Whilst these releases carry a premium they often love up to that price tag. Here we have the super premium line from Heaven Hill: "The William Heavenhill line is one of Heaven Hill’s distillery exclusive series that can only be bought in their gift shop. Each iteration is meant to exemplify the abilities of Heaven Hill’s master distillers. For the 7th Edition, Heaven Hill decided to showcase a 12 year old Kentucky Straight Bourbon bottled at Cask Strength without filtration" We also know that the batch size was a relatively small 35 barrel batch. It's bottled at 67.2% abv. All barrels were pulled from the 10th floor of Rickhouse 1K, a brick warehouse located at the historic Bernheim distillery. It is a Distillery Shop exclusive and is priced at $250 ($800 secondary). Let's dive into the tasting... The first thing that you notice about this Bourbon is how damn viscous it is... It's oily +1... The initial notes are burnt brown sugar, fresh English toffee, Cinnabons and clove...Mid palate adds rich vanilla bean, pipe tobacco, cinnamon and oak... Finish is endless and spice filled... Any spice you can imagine with a massive Kentucky jug... It lingers... A full 15 minutes later I can still feel the hug and spices... It's wonderful. Adding a splash of cold water really amplifies the toffee and adds Reece's and candied walnuts... Love it neat and with water. Let me be clear, this is a significant step up from even the best ECBP batches in both complexity and mouthfeel. They did a hell of a job selecting "honey barrels" for this release. Now from a value perspective, is it $180 better? That's a tough question. For a Bourbon drinker that hunts ECBP, they will argue this isn't worth it. For the Bourbon drinker that owns multiple bottles at this price point, I am sure they will argue this is a fair value. For me it's definitely super premium but a tad overpriced. However, when you are in the super premium tier, price takes a back seat to experience. Cheers.
      Heaven Hill Bernheim Distillery
    2. emartino

Tasted February 13, 2021
    3. kmmork

Tasted January 12, 2021
    4. Carl-Justice

Tasted December 25, 2020
      Dad picked this up in 2019 on our bourbon trail trip. Nose is cherry, tons of vanilla and oak, maybe a little pie crust. At 134.4 proof it hits with a powerful and complex palette. Creamy and velvety. Vanilla, oak, chocolate pie. Long, long finish that’s sweet and full of baking spices.
    5. ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

Remove ads, get access to premium features, and more with
      Distiller Pro

6. Corando

Tasted June 17, 2020
    7. rtpqei1

Tasted June 13, 2020
      One of, if not my favorite whiskey I’ve had. Amazing, lingering finish. Peanut butter chocolate and heaven.
    8. rgb920

Tasted March 25, 2020
    9. Andrew-Nguyen1

Tasted February 16, 2020
      Graciously received a sample bottle and able to share it with 2 buddies. This bottle is glorious and almost got a perfect score. I can't comment how far it was down the bottle. Poured in a GC and let it breathe for at least 15 minutes. High proof goodness needs time to get ready. N(4.5): Right when I poured it into the glass, I got a burst of creamy vanilla but on the initial sniff, it was a bit muted. Even diving my nose deep, I couldn't pull out much. I got small hints of sweetness, but that's about it. After a sip, the nose really came out. I guess my senses needed to wake up. Heavy cherry came out first then an amazing balance of vanilla and oakiness. P(5): Woo wee. First sip, fireworks of bold flavors of cherry, brown sugar, all velvety around the tongue. Second sip, I swooshed around and same boldness but my tongue definitely felt the proof. The vanilla train came in. Vanilla oak. Vanilla cherries. Vanilla whip cream. Vanilla bean. The amazing thing is with all the vanilla, you didn't lose any of the other flavors. F(5): This goes on and on. Hug comes in on the second sip and gets gentler. Just the right amount of hug that tells you it loves you. I love when oak is on the finish but it doesn't turn bitter. Vanilla of course. Got dark chocolate on the back top of my tongue that transitioned into milk chocolate. Like milk with a bit of nesquick mixed in. Overall: Bold amazing flavors throughout. Needed to break in my senses at first. The proooof does not bring the burn you would think. I think Knob Creek single barrel at 120 proof brings more heat to the party. It's not complex, but with the balance and boldness of flavors, its not required to categorize it as unique. $249 is hard for me to chew on. If I got a bonus or did a distillery tour I would probably pick it up. If it dropped to $200 I would buy. Just outside of my comfort price zone.
    10. michaelgraves