Woodford Reserve Double Oaked

Woodford Reserve // Kentucky, USA

Buy Now
  1. cwshermer

2. magicalpoet

Tippin’s pick. Quite tasty. Not quite Calvin’s but oh so good. Thanks Kenny!
    Wixom
  3. cjporche

4. tootonka

Slight fruit and sherry taste. Oaky taste but not harsh.
  5. Jemjee

Hart Plaza
  6. BeppeCovfefe

My second Woodford Double Oak review. Store Pick Entry: Sams Liquor -Johns Creek Happily I have a sample remaining from my original Double Oaked review for purpose of comparison. While the original had a huge floral presence, I would say this SP is about 15%-30% lighter in that category, however that portion has been replaced by a tree-fruit note of tart pears and apples. The tart pear/apple combines with a strong caramel and toffee accent on the nose. A little deeper and richer in the traditional bourbon notes than the non-store pick. Kicking it back, the front yields that great baking spice with lemon aspect while the tart wood fruit and sweet brown bourbon notes form up next. This is some real kitchen spice rack and candy store richness. Finishing I get just a little vanilla and acetate with a hint of cherries jubilee. This reminds me of why I love the Double Oak treatment from Woodford so much, it packs a punch of so many great flavors with clarity and keeps me wanting more. As a footnote I happened to see a store pick at the local Total Wine at nearly a full 10 dollars more than this one! So now I feel like I got a great deal to boot. Safe to say this is an easy recommend.
  7. halljr1

Wonderful nose. Nose is Carmel, sweet vanilla, leather and green apple. Palate is so good and deep. Not too sweet, but nice and smooth. Carmel and vanilla with leather and some great oakiness. The mouthfeel isn’t very thick but pleasant with a medium finish. I really like this, I’m glad I went for it.
  8. IntheShadowsIReside