1792 Single Barrel Bourbon

Barton 1792 // Kentucky, USA

1. nmorella81

2. moiz

3. Guitar_mann

Asheboro, NC ABC Store Pick The nose is very sharp with alcohol. It is not isopropyl but not acetone either. The fruit aroma finally cuts through. Think very good apple brandy. The flavor is very fruity with citrus and apples without the benefit of the baking spices I love. There is no real floral presence and not a lot of vanilla. The flavor that is there is a winner. It sips very smooth and is very complex. The finish is a medium long smooth fade out. I had difficulty getting the alcohol aroma to fade. A splash of water helps out with all the flavors. One rock changed a bit of the dimension but not in a negative way. I think this dram stands stronger by itself. When it is tasted along with other pours, the flavors seem a bit muted. While I was on a recent vacation, I hosted a blind tasting of 5 single barrel bourbons. This bottle finished 4th. It didn't have really negative responses, it simply couldn't stand with Four Roses SB, Jim Beam SB, or Evan Williams SB. If there was a way to supress the alcohol overtones, I believe the more subtle notes could shine through. This is a nice change of pace from a distillery with different flavor profiles than my normal go-to drinks. Find it on sale and pick up a bottle. It's a big step up from their regular small batch.
  4. fsujimmy

5. aaguess

6. BigD59

7. Santy

8. vanbrid

9. fsujimmy

VERY light and sweet nose. Tea and vanilla on the nose. Lingering mild flavor. I like it
  10. PEZwhiskey

-Part of the Distiller Top Single Barrels under $100- It’s not my favorite dram neat but perhaps I will bump my rating as it mixes nicely for a Kentucky Mule. I still will likely not purchase again.