Requested By Soba45

Rye

291 // Colorado, USA

Requested By Soba45
  1. csedor619

Starts off with a taste of burnt caramel, not too sweet but balanced. Gives way to pecans/walnuts, with a peppery but smooth finish.
  2. wintershere

0.5
    Drinks a lot like a cheap scotch with the malted notes. Almost tequila smell on the nose. Feels like a really confused scotch who thinks it's a rye. Subpar no matter how you classify it.
  3. Chadthestyle

1.0
  4. zenbrian

I'm not a big rye guy, but this stuff was pretty amazing, just wish it wasn't so expensive or if go buy another bottle.
  5. dafritz

6. JerBear

decent taste, not overly tasteful. good local for Shawn.
  7. Soba45

I think I'm one of the outliers on this one. It reminds me of the Balcones I had... the taste profile being quite full on, one dimensional and artificial. The spearmint profile of which I'm not a fan doesn't help. I got varnish and wood glue on the nose. Taste was better but didn't help I had after Bunnahabhain 25 I guess with all its complexity and subtlety. I'm struggling to see how this won so many awards, maybe like Balcones I missed the glory period. That spearmint is just way too overpowering for me..
  8. TSengine80

This is incredible. So unique, from the nose to the finish. Not for the faint of heart though. An intense experience in every sense for all of the senses. Luxurious mouthfeel and huge cinnamon, buttered popcorn, caramel for days.
  9. apetrosino

10. sdmoflsmo

Non-distinct nose. Taste is peppery, grain alcohol, and bitter. It does bring home the burn at the end.