Amador Whiskey Co. Ten Barrels

Other Whiskey

Amador Whiskey Co. // California, USA

1. henryx

It is a fine and balanced whiskey. Great aroma on nose. Vanilla and caramel flavor. Yes it is expensive but I think it worth it
  2. Hg44ever

Aroma 7, 7 Taste 8, 8 Body 8, 8 Finish 8, 8
    Hinterland Brewery
  3. Ryan-Bloms

Amador Single Barrel - or at least I thought the bottle said single barrel. STL airport. Thanks!
  4. jwduck

5. Keegan-Brown

6. Hollywood89

NWB the next whiskey bar
  7. dubz480

For today's thirsty Thursday pour we have what is probably the most unique Whiskey I have ever tasted! With beer cask finished Whiskey I either find that they are tasty or just plain $h*t! So at almost a $100 for this one, there is absolutely no way on earth I would ever consider buying a bottle. Typically I would see a pour of this go for $25 or more, so again a hard pass! This spot has had this bottle since 2016 and it's still 3/4 full. So they said they would sell me 2oz for $12. At that price curiosity got the better of me.so I just pulled the trigger. As you can gain from the Distiller description this is a bit of a Frankenstein blend. It's 60% straight malt Whiskey and 40% hop flavored Whiskey. They are then aged separately for 2 yrs in Ex french wine barrels before being combined and aged for an additional year in ex Chardonnay barrels. Only 10 barrels were ever produced hence the name of the Whiskey. On to the tasting. It enters and smacks you with an intial caramel and big butterscotch notes with a nice silky texture. It then transitions to campfire marshmallows and smoked oak. It then moves to a long Hoppy beer, grape and oak driven finish. Tannins bounce on the tongue as the finish lingers. I really can't decide what I think about this pour. I don't dislike it but I don't like it. It's for sure complex but I am not sure it is a "good" complex. Like the first time I tasted the great Lap 10 I am just left very perplexed, which I suppose earns this one some kudos. Unlike the Lap 10, I have no desire to ever buy a bottle of this! However, I am happy to have tasted it for this price! Cheers all!
    12.0 USD per Pour