Requested By cubfancccc

Barrell Bourbon Batch 025

Barrell Craft Spirits // (bottled in) Kentucky, USA

Requested By cubfancccc
  1. Tedchainz

This is a little sweeter and less spicy than the 24, and that agrees with my pallet very well.
  2. Chris-Topher1

3. Jonathan-Rubenstein

So smooth
  4. jlucas83

5. BlimpsGo90

Neat. Sample. I haven’t been in love with the Barrell Bourbon batches I have had thus far. Usually the Dickel just holds back the blend for me. Missed out of Batch 21 people raves about. I believe I had batch 23 or 24 recently, which was just okay. This has some younger whiskey in the blend and apparently a wheater. Interesting. Dickel forward. Always a bummer for me. I am not just hating on Dickel. Dickel 11 BiB is great. But that mineral, flinstone vitamin off is just a turn off on most occasions. Trying to get around the Dickel, there is some nice caramel and leather. Hint of cherry. Vanilla cream. Peanut brittle. It’s okay. Creamy mouth feel, oh that is a lot of flavor just on the tongue. Cherry cola. Oh okay, this has more going on than the nose let on. Geez. If you have ever gone to Frisches Big Boy, they will let you add flavors to a Coke. This is like adding the vanilla, chocolate, and cherry to the Coke all at the same time. The chocolate really takes over by the finish and even leaves this Tootsie Roll like aftertaste. While the Dickel dominated the nose, it’s blended well in the taste and I think that nice chocolate note is coming from the Dickel too. Okay, this is the best Barrell I have had yet. I think this is my fourth batch. It’s not good enough that I will be buying a bottle of this, one and done is fine for me. Fun adventure, but not worth $80 to go on this ride again. It does lessen my disappointment in Barrell Bourbon as a brand, so that is a win.
  6. Droid573