Benromach 15 Year

Benromach // Speyside, Scotland

1. Magnus-Johansson

I gave it some time after I opened it, didn't like it at first. But now it has really grown on me, really nice on the nose and the taste is vastly improved.
  2. WhiskyAvenger

Eye:Deep amber Nose:Tobacco and leather Palate:toffee-ish notes with hints of honey,tobacco and leather. Long dry finish with minimal burn.
  3. R3dglasses

4. BergenWien

Complex and yet delicate whisky with very soft peat influences. Well balanced and right in the middle of the palate. Not sweet but not briny or salty, not rich but not thin either. Lovely drink
  5. whiskeysn0b

Full, rich, oily and medium peat level. Lovely.
  6. hollywoodsteve

7. DougS

8. jake_inator

9. AnkleMan95

10. ScotchingHard

2oz pour Sample rating: +5. I compared this side by side with a slightly cheaper Lagavulin 16... and I would give that dram a slight edge at +5.5. Look. This is a fine lightly peated, well-balanced Scotch that I would not be upset at tasting. But it's ~100-110 USD in my parts, and it's on the fringes of purchasability at that price, especially when I can get a better whisky in the Lagavulin 16 for 30 bucks less. This is such a pleasant and refined hickory smoke on the nose. The balance on the palate is amazing with Speyside fruitiness mixed with creamy caramel and an obvious, but not overpowering smoke. It just does not have the rewarding Islay finish for rainy days, and drops off quite quickly after swallowing. Comparing within the same distillery: the Benromach 10 Imperial Proof is cheaper and better. I would buy that instead.
    24.0 USD per Pour