Benromach 15 Year

Benromach // Speyside, Scotland

1. jwarnock

2. Richard-ModernDrinking

I’m drinking this tonight in London with my father, who bought a bottle after Whisky Exchange crowned it whisky of the year. Benromach is near the top of my bang-for-your-buck list and this is perhaps the best I’ve had from them. The nose is a little shy but the taste is a beautiful mix of butterscotch and peat, not too sweet or too smoky. The finish goes on and on, the caramel flavors twisting with the spiciness of the smoke. For 50 pounds, a bargain.
    49.0 GBP per Bottle
  3. ScotchTanuki

4. whiskywiseguy

5. ZJivraj

6. ebiographie

Really spicy and sweet up front with malt and toasted barley—almost too aggressive—but quickly levels out into a really nice balance of smoke and peat that works for both. The lingering flavor is a little like green wood; I didn’t taste the mint or orange. Adding water dropped spice and sweetness but brought out the smoke.
    10.0 USD per Pour
    Jack Rose Dining Saloon
  7. David-Brown2

8. Magnus-Johansson

I gave it some time after I opened it, didn't like it at first. But now it has really grown on me, really nice on the nose and the taste is vastly improved.
  9. WhiskyAvenger

Eye:Deep amber Nose:Tobacco and leather Palate:toffee-ish notes with hints of honey,tobacco and leather. Long dry finish with minimal burn.
  10. R3dglasses