Burnside Oregon Oaked Bourbon

Burnside // Oregon, USA

1. PBMichiganWolverine

It’s been a while since I’ve actually opened a new bottle. An endless trough of samples have kept me occupied. So, tonight it’s this Oregon bourbon made by Eastside Distilling out of Portland. Now, I’m going to be a bit biased in this review. I picked this bottle up while I was on vacation in Oregon. To me, Oregon will be these amazing vistas of rugged coastlines and dark green pine forests. And Portland is ingrained in my mind as this uber hippy town with an amazing food truck scene. This one here is a sourced bourbon, matured in Garryana oak, which is native to the Pacific Northwest. That oak is sponge like, which adds an extra oomph of vanilla and spice. On the nose, I immediately get vanilla beans. Like the real ones grown in Madagascar and absurdly priced in Whole Paycheck, aka Whole Foods. Palette is all vanilla, with a finish of a bit of oak. The Garryana imparts a real dessert like treat to this. I’m actually surprised how the Garryana made this one almost like vanilla ice cream, while the same oak used at Westland imparts a more spicy flavor. If you like your bourbon sweet and extra-vanilla, this is right up your alley .
  2. brianhartman1202

On ice, way better. Too Hot when you drink it straight.
  3. jllm3919

Eastside Distilling
  4. fattsmann

I really like Trail's End, which is another bourbon finished with Oregon oak. For the Burnside Bourbon, I think it's a little younger and a maybe a little too oaky for my taste. Caramel, heavy wood notes, and a little too rough on the finish.
  5. bigfaceworm

A bit bland. No real strong flavors. Smells sweet with a touch of vanilla. The color of light straw. The taste is a non descript bourbon, pleasant. Would make a great mixer.
  6. blazn427

7. jaredthedestroyer

Booze at first then syrup and orange peel on the nose. The more I’m sipping the more I’m tasting 50/50 bar, which is alright by me. Abrupt finish, but a charming little dram. Long live the spirits of Oregon!
  8. toddelliott

9. yadudesup

Delicious taste. Smooth. Light whiskey but has that aftertaste that leaves you wanting for more.
    Hollywood Beverage