Bushmills Black Bush

Blended

Bushmills // Ireland

1. cbrooks99

Big citrus aroma- pear, apple, vanilla, sugar. Front is Beth sweet- honey. Very little burn with a pleasant pear finish. Short finish with mild tingle.
  2. pkelly

3. tmoes

4. WhiskeyLonghorn

Since it's St. Patrick's Day 2019, I figured I jump on the wagon and review an Irish whisky too. I picked up a bottle of this for next to nothing on sale at a local liquor store, so it was one of those moments where you weren't worried if the bottle sucked or not because of the price. Better to be out $25 on a bad bottle than $500. Fortunately, this bottle does not suck. It just isn't amazing either. The Distiller review sort of nails it on the head. This is not a complex whisky that makes you think and question your place in the universe. This is just something that you can mindlessly drink like table wine and not put too much effort into it. The initial nose is harsh, kind of paint thinner-esque. That softens over time, but it took about 20 minutes to get there. The taste is sort of a one-off, with some light notes from the grain component and a whisp of the sherry cask influence. The finish is quick, and is gone before you realize it. Not much of a trace of the traditional shortbread note you get from some single pot still Irish expressions like Redbreast 12 or Greenspot. That being said, it's dangerously easy to drink, and I imagine I won't have any problem finishing the bottle, particularly if it's been a long day at work and my brain just doesn't feel like thinking anymore. Bushmills is as well respected distillery, and I do have the 16 YO Single Malt from them on my wishlist to try at some point in the future. Black Bush is a perfectly acceptable expression. I can see this going into my summer rotation of whiskies that I drink over ice to cope with the brutal Texas heat as something that is light and easy to drink to add some variety to the Bourbon-heavy lineup I normally drink in the summer. Cheers!
  5. DrChrisCotner

6. MoparSpike

Reminds me of my trips to Ireland
  7. bomexeclipse

8. Khafeken

Scissors & Scotch
  9. jrmaier

Buttercream frosting nose. Medium sweet, but short finish