Canadian Club 100% Rye

Canadian Club // Canada

1. kilkelly3d

2. kilkelly3d

3. Cfred371

I’ve never seen a 100% rye, so I just had to grab this. While this is Canadian Club, blended, and likely not that old, $18 for a 750 seemed reasonable, and could help me explore the flavors of rye more. Look: Canadian Club 100% rye is a nice amber colored, with golden yellow on the edges, showing in the light. Nose: I get a lot of ethanol, some slight wheat note, mild spice, little bit of oak. Not much to speak of, but this is also a 40% alcohol. Disappointing to say the least. Palate: The flavor is much better. Big time rye bread, some slight oaky notes, almost maple. The rye bread is really what sticks out. Not a lot of cinnamon or pepper until you let the rye sit on your tongue. Finish: The finish is nice and sweet, the rye bread again is what I get, not really a vanilla or brown sugar I’d get from a bourbon. Some slight bitterness in the finish, but pretty mild in length. Overall: For 18 dollars, this is pretty good. I’d say upping the proof would be helpful, but I’m not sure that’s a realistic proposal for a CC product. If you’ve ever wondered what flavors and aroma rye gives off in a bourbon or mixed grain spirit, take a look at Canadian Club 100% rye.
  4. magicalpoet

Very smooth, a bit young. Grainy.
    Farmington Hills
  5. jamanjerovic

6. Teebs09

7. Stan-Harris

A bit darker in color than Alberta Premium, but otherwise very similar. I do not prefer one over the other. Both are excellent rye whiskies. Warm and spicy are the operative words in both cases.
  8. chilepeppa