Colonel E.H. Taylor, Jr. Small Batch Bottled in Bond Bourbon

1. jafrye77

2. Adam-Freking

3. AMIDK

4. kramit2

Fruity smell, Carmel and spice with a clean finish
  5. dhsilv2

The classic bourbon from the king of the taters, boofalo trace! Nose - Vanilla and corn forward with classic boofalo trace oak. I don't really get much in terms of caramel. There's surprisingly a lot of alcohol on the nose here, using a copita and it's making my nose burn. Taste - Oak actually is the predominate flavor on these, that classic slightly funky yet smooth and mellow boofalo oak, just like smelling the rick houses on site. Sweet oak that's really how I'd describe this as. Not funky oak, not nutty, not peanut buttery, just clean classic oak and sweets. I remain at a loss as to why people hoard this but I love this for under 40 bucks as a cheap sipper, but even at 40 I think we're into questionable value. That said of the common trace products, I do think I like this just a hair more than Eagle Rare. 1.75, just below average but 40 dollar whiskies are well below average priced whisky.
  6. ElPresidente

7. ussnewco

8. SolanaRoots

Even though I gravitate towards scotch & Japanese whisky, there is always a bottle of bourbon in my open collection for when I crave the standard bourbon trifecta of vanilla, caramel, and oak. This bottled in bond small batch bourbon nails those typical notes on the nose while the taste takes those notes and adds spices (cinnamon) and a hint of brown sugar. There’s a decent chest warmth to top it all off. Rating: Distiller score of 90 is lofty but probably deserved although I’d lean more upper 80s (87ish). For the $43 I paid for this Colonel EH Taylor bottle, it’s a no brainer as a regular on any whiskey shelf. Classic middle of the fairway bourbon. Enjoy!
  9. Jim-Costa