Compass Box Delilah's XXV

Compass Box // Scotland

1. cornerofthecafe

Binny's Beverage Depot
  2. jonwilkinson7309

The wife is heading to Chicago on business at the end of next week and I'm tagging along so we can spend the weekend in the Windy City.  It seemed appropriate to prepare for the trip by imbibing the sample of Delilah's XXV that I recently acquired. I found the nose to be fairly mild - sherry, fruit, and malt.  The palate has more malt and fruit, and a heavy dose of oak.   It is rich, bold and full.  The finish is a bit hotter than I expected given the age of the whiskeys that were used, but not at all unpleasant.   So overall, very nice, although it's more oakey than I prefer.  At the going rate of about $100, I'm on the fence about purchasing it, even though it gets a few bonus points for another great Compass Box label and a cool tie-in to Delilah's Chicago.  The bottom line is that I might want to spend my Compass Box allocation elsewhere. Speaking of Delilah's, the wife has a business dinner the night before our weekend begins, so I think I'll head over to experience it firsthand.  Hopefully I'll come away with a good whiskey tale or two.
  3. Tsunami

4. a_Flying_Hellfish

5. paymun

It's hard judging a Compass Box Whisky, similar to comparing and rating albums of a favorite artist. I've never purchased a Compass Box Whisky that I would not hit the re-up button on. This one is no different. Open up the nostrils to sherry and fruity notes approaching the dome piece. Minimal peat and etoh on the nose as well. Lastly, hit them with the pie crust on the nose. On the palate, there's spices and cinnamon squadding up with fruit concentrate used as pancake toppings. The finish is what takes this one home, hitting different like the climax of a rollercoaster with a long peppery finish. Very satisfied with it and to try and have a bottle; much recommended to try. With that being said, many other, cheaper Compass Box Whisky's that I would recommend before this. (elixir)
  6. ddrem

7. Jason-Fiebig

8. bigjazz83

12.0 USD per Pour
    Delilah's
  9. WhiskeyBrent

Oak and slight peat on the nose. Rich mouth feel. Oak and toffee on the front.
  10. zstirling6