Compass Box Hedonism Felicitas

Blended Grain

Compass Box // Scotland

1. BlimpsGo90

Tasted May 12, 2021
      Neat. Sample. First Compass Box experience! This nose is very rich and surprising. Significant oak presence. Hint of chocolate and nougat. Blue berries. Salted caramel cover pretzel. Popcorn kernels. Apples too. There is a fantastic depth to this. I like the nose quite a bit. Mouthfeel is delightfully viscous and really coats. It’s very light and bright up front. Cinnamon and apple with a hint of salt. Really escalates into a flavor bomb mid palate. The brightness shoots up like a rocket and brings this delicious salted caramel in its wake. Pretzel comes through as the blue berry as well. The finish is very bourbon-like. Caramel, oak, vanilla, apple. There is a wine of the finish too and it brings a drying sensation (but not a turn off). Okay that is delicious. This is a bourbon lovers scotch right here. The proof, the flavors, the finish. If you told me this was a finished bourbon I may believe you. The finish is still going strong as I type this conclusion. I am simply impressed by this sample. I will buy a bottle if I see it.
    2. ensebob

Tasted February 5, 2021
      Nose: lots of heat, cinnamon, red hots Palate: very delicate floral notes, yet pronounced at same time. Maybe some pecan taste Finish: long finish, easy and sweet, green tea
    3. ccarabello

Tasted January 23, 2021
    4. dhsilv2

Tasted November 6, 2020
      So been working on this for a bit, I'll do my best. nose - Traditional grain notes with a lot of vanilla, grain, grape, and a hint of dark fruit. Some richer creams and alcohol. Taste - Again grain, classic grain scotch. There's a lot of creamy buttery vanilla desserts. Pastry crust for sure. Then we have some metallic notes on the finish. Gosh the up front is so soft and sweet. The finish brings in some chocolates and chewy nugget notes. Clean and light white chocolate here. So yeah this is reasonable old for scotch but for grain blends it's ok. A huge step up from the standard but I'm still just at a 2.0. I won't consider buying again. I like it enough, but it's pretty average overall and the price sucks. I can see why some are bigger fans and if you like grain go for it. I like "The Muse" WAY WAY more, it's far richer and better made. I scored that a 3.0 which might be low but this isn't close.
    5. mask2343

Tasted October 17, 2020
    6. cherryistesting

Tasted October 8, 2020
    7. Joeninety90

Tasted October 4, 2020
    8. Siraug1

Tasted October 3, 2020
      Not sure how Distillers gave this dram a low score. This drink is an example of what many consider as a refined beverage. Take Hedonism then polish its edges with a more flavorful kick. Get one while you can.
    9. nixnbexdad