Crown Royal Blenders' Mash

1. Nicholas-Sherlock

2. Mastro1006

3. tflanagan

4. Benji-Robert

Made a killer old-fashioned. Lots of nice bold oak tones but it isnt like trying to swallow an old fire log. By itself I don't see much here but will admit it was nicely smooth. The vanilla was nice--"grown up"--and not ruined by maple like regular crown.
  5. nfisfis

6. BeerNinjaEsq

I don't know why all the hate for this? Yes, it's light. It's not going to blow any minds. But I've certainly had more highly rated whiskeys (by a small margin) that I consider more offensive or flawed than this. On the nose, subtle notes of saltwater taffy and oak, a hint of caramel and a light whiff of nail polish remover, fresh cereal and a hint of butterscotch or brown sugar. Flavor is light and refreshing. It reminds me of a less sweet version of Malahat black tea rum. The flavor is more brown sugar than caramel, a touch of new oak, applewood, black tea, fruit, and salt -somewhat scotch-like. Very smooth. Somewhat long, but uncomplex finish. I may be somewhat biased, because I picked up a 375 ml bottle on clearance for $8. But I think the hate for this is undeserved. I suspect if you tried this blind, your find it we're a light, uncomplex, but otherwise enjoyable whiskey that would be hard to classify as a bourbon, Canadian, or scotch, but somewhere in between all three.
  7. Melissa-Davenport