ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

Remove ads, get access to premium features, and more with
Distiller Pro

2. renoles576

3. Thk

4. Ryan-Mumphrey

5. BlimpsGo90

Neat. Sample. First experience with Armagnac. I love Armagnac finished bourbon and I am sampling this before I compare two of my favorite bourbons of the year (Bardstown Chateau Le Boude vs. Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend). The nose is candied prunes and dates. Hint of walnut and pepper spice is pervasive throughout. On the taste I get lots of vanilla, over riped banana, creamy oak, and walnuts and prunes again. The more I sip it this delicious cherry is coming through. I could sip on this all day. It’s sweet, oily, coating and interesting. Not surprised I love when bourbon is finished in Armagnac.
  6. daftpimf

7. nextbottleplease

8. jslaton09

Easily my favorite, and the best thing in my liquor cabinet. More of a rye/bourbon guy, but I also dabble in ages rums, brandies, tequilas and mezcal. Nose is Walnut, caramel, butterscotch, honey and a herbaceous note... marjoram? Very toasty, warm, bready and sweet. The palette is more fruit forward, peaches, cherry and very ripe banana dominate. Butterscotch, and honey dipped bread follows, nice baking spice sweet/spice to the end and finally finished with a dry cocoa and cinnamon. Enormous finish, very thick and sweet while maintaining its balance to not be sickeningly sweet. My only 5 star.
  9. ContemplativeFox

This is rich, complex, and balanced. It's immediately fruity with a clear cherry presence. The cherry might be a bit much, but it is good. There is just the right amount of spiciness with cinnamon driving it. Cocoa builds the richness and enhances the wood by calming its harshness. There is plenty of sweetness but there is some woody bitterness that balances it. It's reminiscent of Glenfarclas, but is still clearly a brandy. There is caramel and some butterscotch. Vanilla is prominent and the spices also include allspice. There might be a little mild nuttiness like pecan in the wood, but it isn't much.
  10. berkeleybrendan

Strong cocoa and honey, very earth, very good!