Filliers 15 Year Oude Graanjenever

Genever

Filliers // Belgium

  • Cost

  • Distiller Score

    94
  • Avg. Rating

    0 out of 5 stars
    ( 0 )

This Belgian jenever is produced from 100% grain (graanjenever meaning "pure grain jenever"). The base for the malt-wine is 50% rye and 50% barley malt. 75% of the malt-wine is aged in American oak while the remaining 25% is aged in French Limousin oak. This product is bottled at 38.6% ABV and is not available in the U.S.

  • age
    15 Year
  • abv
    38.6
  • Genever
    Genever is a juniper-flavored spirit which combines a botanically-flavored, neutral spirit with a maltwine. Only made in Belgium, the Netherlands, and in specific regions of France and Germany. Jonge genever is made with a maximum of 15% maltwine. Oude genever uses at least 15% of maltwine. Korenwijn genever uses at least 51% of maltwine.
  • Cask Type
    French Limousin oak & American oak

Tasting Notes

"With soft orange notes on the nose, as well as cocoa powder, almonds and subtle furniture polish, this is a true delight. The warming spices, which make an encore on the palate, are the cherry on top. There's licorice, honey and dried fruits too, and a hint of cough syrup, reminiscent of old style Irish pot still whiskey. This is seriously very good, and should appeal to any whisky drinker."

Remove ads, get access to upcoming features, and more with
Distiller Pro

Flavor Profile

Rich