GlenAllachie 12 Year Pedro Ximenez Sherry Wood Finish

4. Maiic

1.5
      @lua 1.8.20
    5. ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

Remove ads, get access to premium features, and more with
      Distiller Pro

6. PBMichiganWolverine

I think this is my first Glenallachie post Billy Walker period. The period also known as “ when Glenallachie was changed to GlenAllachie, in Flintstone era style font”. This comes courtesy of my good buddy @LeeEvolved . There’s good balance here, with aromas of sweet baked breads and fruit. The PX finishing helps. Taste is more of the same, but some oak coming out. Overall, a fine balanced whisky, and affordable enough to run alongside Balvenie 12, some young GlenDronach, and other Speysiders. I think this is more expensive than Glendronach and Balvenie, so I’d go with those at the similar age statement. But if it’s the same price range, Glendronach over this, and this over Balvenie 12. Thanks Lee for the generous pour !
    7. LeonQ

Velvety cherry caramel on the nose with a flutter of vanilla. All this over the herbs drift in the air. Good pinch of taste on the palet. Back drift of sweets, vanilla, oak and caramel in mouth at the end.
    8. frese

9. washeewashee

Nose - Sweet candied ginger/raisin spicy sweet, dark apple juice Taste - Sweet candied ginger tingle/heat, caramel apples, raisins, golden raisins Finish - Lingering tingle/heat, apple juice sweet, light golden raisins Score - 83/100 Final Thoughts - So if I didn't know this was a PX finished Scotch, I wouldn't have thought of that at all. I don't get the dark raisins/syrupy dark stone fruit notes at all in this from the nose to palate to anything. This tastes like a generic sherry finished blended Scotch to me. Nothing off-putting, but nothing that makes it stand out either. Pleasant to drink, but that's about it. You seem to forget about it seconds after you drink it. Easily sippable, but nothing to remember later. Would I drink it if offered? - Yes Would I specifically order it? - No Would I buy a bottle? - No
    10. smlong