Glenmorangie A Tale of Cake

Glenmorangie // Highlands, Scotland

1. rbember5

Really impressive pour. Nose and palate are both darker than what I’m used to in scotch. Slight leather and tobacco, honey, candied orange. One of the more impressive scotches I’ve had.
  2. Dean-M-Tzobanakis

Cinnamon spice and banana bread on the nose, along with some earthy notes like dark chocolate or tobacco. Oily, oily, oily. Buttercream, vanilla, honey, oak, maybe even a flourish of candied orange peel. The finish brings more of those earthy notes, with milk chocolate and raisin. Going back to the nose now, I’m getting coffee with caramel creamer in it; it’s still earthy, but sweetness and creaminess are played up now. Absolutely fantastic. Very complex. Beat out the Dalmore King Alexander III and Glenfarclas 12 in a blind.
  3. Pfree3son

4. JWHayter

This is a whisky you chose when you are having a sweet tooth! The pineapple, Granny Smith and light vanilla come on like a sweet gentle summer breeze. The palate agrees with the nose with just a bit of baking spice added in. The finish is longer than the Original Glenmorangie! My wife isn’t a typical Scotch fan but she really likes this expression
  5. Guitar_mann

For the longest time I figured myself a Glenlivet guy with a few visits off the reserve to The Macallan. Either my tastes have evolved or I never gave Glenmorangie it's proper due to begin with. I need to look back at several reviews and see if this might be valid. I think it might be the fruitiness and absence of the smoky notes Glenmorangie offers that apeals to me. A Tale Of Cake continues their goodness. N - Tart fruit with almost a cider vinegar aroma. P - Sweet Cherries, pear, apricot, vanilla with spicy back of mouth heat. Adding water significantly reduced flavors. F - Medium to long with rich dark fruit flavors. Solid 4 stars.
  6. huhato

Simply one of the best I have has from Glenmorangie. Spectacular! This is my dessert Scotch for sure.
  7. cncdad

Total Wine & More
  8. David-Vandermeulen

9. Erik-Brotemarkle

You literally cannot go wrong with a Glenmorangie scotch. This special offering will require a second bottle for sure. Unique and sweet!
    Total Wine & More