Henry McKenna 10 Year Bottled in Bond Bourbon

Heaven Hill // Kentucky, USA

Buy Now
  1. David-Crespo

2. Dean-M-Tzobanakis

On the nose, I get wood, chocolate-covered cherry and Nilla wafers. The wood is oaky, but I also kinda get a twist of sandalwood. On the palate, wood and caramel, and immediately clingy mouthfeel. Cherry is strong on the finish, but mixed with the ethanol, reminds me of NyQuil. It tastes like it’s higher than 100 proof, and that’s not necessarily a good thing in this case. Reminds me of the 1792 full proof in how harsh it is. I added a couple mils of water and it smelled more floral. More enjoyable palate too, more butter and caramel cake out. Overall, this is a solid bourbon that doesn’t quite live up to the hype.
  3. michaelmanning0305

4. tjoelfrancis

Nose: heavy alcohol and oak, with light vanilla, caramel, brown sugar, and some citrus. An ice cube really sweetens the nose Palate: menthol and oak up front, followed again by traditional vanilla, caramel, and toffee. An ice cube really takes the age off the strong alcohol and brings out brown sugar and citrus notes Feel: thin and dry Finish: long and hot. Ice cube shortens the finish.
  5. josephinman88

6. bobgrice

7. halljr1

I had been looking for this and finally found one, since I’ve heard such good things about it. It was the last one they had (they were only allocated 6 bottles for their shipment the day before) I’ve heard that this particular single barrel tends to be very inconsistent. As in night and day. So I went for it and I think I got a pretty good one. The nose is not harsh (in a glencairn). You get vanilla and some lighter fruit aromas that I can’t place exactly, and oak. Very pleasant. The palate is very nice, not too sweet. A continuation of the nose, but more depth and some nice leathery notes on the finish along with a little burn. Very good.
  8. scooter6785