Kavalan Solist Moscatel Single Cask Strength

Kavalan // Taiwan

1. dhsilv2

Thought I was done but really just wanted to drink sherry finished whisky and I haven't reviewed this one. First off sorry about the price i got this at, it was on sale for half price. Nose - there's a smoky barrel roasted barely note I get on a lot of these malt's aged in super hot climates. Then I get some super sweet fruity sherry. I get berries and figs and raisins and toffee and chocolate and honey. I could nose this all freaking night. I actually might nose this for an hour and I'm going to leave the glass out over night and come back to it. Taste - It's figs, roasted barely, buttery chocolate batter. Added 2 drops of water and the chocolates and smooth creamy notes come out. So many dark fruits here. It's raisins, figs, and god this high heat barley sweetness, it's amazing. This is a bottle I'll cry over when it's gone as I'll never get another or at least I doubt I will see one to buy. 4.75 out of 5. This is truly special. I had this not long ago next to the Vinho Barrique which won awards and myself and a friend we both firmly thought we were drinking a solid 100 dollar a bottle more expensive bottle and while this is more like 200 retail more, lets ignore prices here. It was THAT much better than the award winning Vinho Barrique. This is why I drink whisky.
  2. worldwhiskies95

Cask MO100625014A, aged 5 years approx 10-11 months. Great stuff with notes of butterscotch, tropical fruit, chocolate, figs, raisins, sultanas, coffee, and a little spice.
    Copper & Oak
  3. MayhemInMayberry

A clear stand out in our tasting at Kavalan. On the nose sweet figs, raisins, cherry cordials, toffee and in the background a dusty vintage bookshelf which took me by complete surprise. This is a NAS Taiwan whisky, and it has a note I have smelled before in a 21 year old Glendronach. Arrival is soft, with a rounded sweetness that could only come from a stunner of a Moscatel Sherry cask. Finish was languid, sweet and warm. Fantastic!
    3.0 USD per Pour
    Kavalan Whiskey Distillery
  4. Joe-Kelley

so flavorful! I would buy! great with a drop of water
  5. MayhemInMayberry