Knob Creek Twice Barreled Rye

Death Star Canteen
  2. drinky-dranky-drunk

3. njcornett

4. Jon-Rocholl

Didn’t like it. Hard to put a finger on why.
  5. Steinlicht

6. bwbishop

7. Michael-Witham

I call bull on the 100 proof, the heat isn't there. The signature rye spice is very subtle and is more present in the aftertaste. I can't place the aroma at the forefront but there is very little to no ethanol on the nose. Great whiskey to enjoy neat if you like the spice of rye.
  8. Sonic8222

The smell is absolutely fantastic, full of cinnamon candies and potent barrel wood. The initial taste is a bit disappointing, as I'm not getting a 100 proof vibe, nor is the rye immediately obvious. However, after letting the whiskey move over the tongue, I can now tell that, although the double barreling gave a huge boost to the oak and caramel flavor, it really mellowed out Knob Creek's rye product. Now, instead of bright grass and cinnamon, I taste deeper spices, like clove and anise. Given the amazing smell and the strong wood finish, this is a good unique bottle to have to compare other rye bases to.
    Hidden Valley Orchards
  9. gomtuu359

Usually prefer a wheated bourbon but enjoying this.
  10. Evanbio

First tasting, served neat. This is a dark whiskey, really like the color. Definitely get some sweetness on the nose. Taste is sweet as well, lots of vanilla/caramel. The sweetness lingers on the tongue. Where it's falling short of me is the finish. The finish to me is pretty harsh. But not a proof harshness, as I've also been sipping Jim BiB which is also 100 proof. There's a flavor I can't quite place on the finish that comes across pretty harsh and lingers for a bit, ruining the experience. I paid $18 for this, and glad I did not pay more. I'll try with ice next visit to see if that improves the finish.