Laphroaig Cairdeas 2014 Amontillado Cask Edition

2. Jory-Vigliotti

Tasted April 24, 2020
    3. worldwhiskies95

Tasted April 17, 2020
      Online drammers club pour. Laphroaig Cairdeas 2014 Amontillado (8 year bourbon casks, further year amontillado cask): Nose: Smoke, Honey, Vanilla, Salted Caramel, Butter Cookies, Lemon Cake, Almonds, Pepper, Walnuts, Flowers, Sultanas, Pineapple, Mango, Cherries Palate: Smoke, Tar, Peat, Iodine, Vanilla, Honey, Caramel, Plums, Almonds, Raisins, Peaches, Cherries, Pepper, Figs, Oranges Finish: Smoke, Vanilla, Almonds, Caramel, Cashews, Honey, Lemon Cake, Pineapple, Sultanas, Papaya
    4. JC008

Tasted April 4, 2020
    5. Soba45

Tasted February 28, 2020
      Wow now this is interesting, very very interesting. I don't believe i've ever had an Amontillado before. I call this one the chameleon. Each time I dive into it it brings a completely new thought into my head. First it was like hazelnut liqueur, then drambuie like orange, bam nutmeg, then fennel. Crazy the twists and turns on this one. I did a bit of research and Amontillado is..an expression of sherry, which lies between the pale, dry fino and the well-regarded oloroso. This is an 8 year old Laphroaig from bourbon casks that then finds its way into amontillado hogsheads for one additional year apparently. I also read cedar wood tick, menthol tick, peppermint, spearmint etc. Each time you think of a flavour it spawns thoughts of more. Now the big problem is that I really am not a fan of any of those flavors and in fact I really don't like any of them so this whiskey is in essence really a homage to all the flavour profiles I detest. Weirdly however I don't dislike the whiskey. Now don't get me wrong I couldn't and wouldn't drink any more of this but I do have to admire the quality and balance of this dram and I can see if you are a fan of these flavors how it could be rated so highly. Thanks once again @LeeEvolved for such a fascinating tasting experience!
    6. Alex-Lobov

Tasted January 31, 2020
    7. Richard-ModernDrinking

Tasted October 16, 2019
      Revisiting this as I noticed the bottle was almost empty, though I have another one stashed away. Still one of my all time favorites.
    8. carro305

Tasted August 4, 2019
      The familiar flavors are all there. Slightly sweet from the bourbon cask with that amontillado nuttiness pairing with the smoke instead of combating it. The finish lasts just long enough for you to want to take another sip. So glad to have picked this up as whether you are a fan of that bold Laphroaig flavor or not, this is a whisky that drinks like listening to all the moving parts of a professional orchestra!
    9. bostonou