McClelland's Single Malt Islay

McClelland's // Islay, Scotland

1. Dan-Jenne

I'm new to the Scotch game and figured I would try a budget single malt first. Not a big fan of all of the smoke but it finishes light. Good for sipping but I like a deeper, more rich taste.
  2. Andrew-Harper

Forward peat smoke. Low alcohol burn. Malty and somewhat fruity/floral retronasal
  3. beejaydub

4. WillMcG

0.5
    The smoke of Islay with none of what makes the smoke great. It's somehow too sweet from nose to finish even with the smoke. I love Islay whisky but this almost makes me gag. If I didn't know that flavoring was illegal in Scotland I would think the smoke was fake. Very strange experience. If you already have this bottle and can't stomach it neat, you can try adding a dab to other budget non smoked drams. This works well with a blended Irish (Jameson). Fun to experiment with, still can't do it neat!
  5. dantes

6. Randy-Carpenter

Great entry islay for an affordable price
  7. smileytdot

8. Fedor-Stepanenko

9. Kegnian55

10. Allenx12

I read reviews after an impulse buy, i had left my phone in my truck. I thought i had made a mistake, but for 33$ for a single malt i figured i would give it a try. Im glad i did. Spicy like pepper, some smoke i enjoyed it.