Plantation Xaymaca Special Dry

Definitely a toasted taste
  5. kanto

6. mrathmell

1.5
    Not a fan. After a few sips If I drink it extremely slowly I notice the banana and it is ok but mostly I am overwhelmed by the funk and don’t like it.
  7. Wafryder

8. Social_Hour_MKE

9. Ivan-Mironov

I am a whiskey mainly bourbon drinker, but my friend highly suggested that I try some rums because apparently they are good and way cheaper than the whiskey we drink. So tried Plantation 5 Year Old Barbados Rum, it actually was not bad and somewhat pleasant so figured I give Xaymaca Special Dry a try... worst pour I ever had... never in my life have I trown away boose but this I couldn't finish a drink.. the nose ..like dirty socks, wet dirt and rotting fruits.. palate ..wierd unpleasant mainly because of the nose so you have this idea already.. finish is terrible with all those "funky" flavors and scents mixes w light heat.. I never add juice or soda to my alcohol only on the side if needed but this Xaymaca Special Dry garbage should only be drank mixed with a tone of powerful soda like dr pepper maybe? Something to cover the smell and taste but I am not going to buy another bottle to find out. Worst experience ever.
    37.0 CAD per Bottle