Port Charlotte 2007 CC:01

Port Charlotte // Islay, Scotland

RARE
  1. SpartaTodd

A battle between Cognac and pure Islay peat smoke. The nose hints at promises of smoke and vanilla and spice and on the tongue its a scrum. It's like there is a party in your mouth and everyone is invited. The abv is cask strength but there is no alcohol burn or harshness which is surprising for an 8 year old. However, the abv makes its presence felt soon enough. This is some powerful whisky. It takes water really well, mellowing the smoke and opening up new flavors of butterscotch and nuts. This is a complex and powerful dram. I like it.
  2. MrCheeky

3. SpartaTodd

This is a travel exclusive and I had to hunt this down. It is really interesting. I am not a huge peat fan but the cognac cask really offsets the peat. There are a lot of good things going on when you take a sip. It's like there is a party on my palate and EVERYONE is invited. I am still trying to figure out exactly how I feel about this but I enjoy drinking it and I will continue to do so...
  4. Gherch

5. Sunkyung-Lee

향 : 향긋한 피티함 맛 : 꼬냑의 달달함, 달콤한 피티향 피니쉬 : 57.8%의 풍부함
  6. Luke-Harris

Warming- smoky, honey, apple Spicy
  7. Brienne

Strong but not aggressive tasting. Very strong peaty scent, a little chemical smelling. More pleasant aftertaste. Decent
  8. Sarah-Brooks

1.5
    Very peety, smokey, strong nose