Redemption Wheated Bourbon

Redemption Whiskey // Indiana, USA

1. cmolek

Tasted February 25, 2021
      *Neat - sweet on the front with a bit of bite after Drop - much less sweet on the front, enhances complexity of flavor with a bite on the end still
    2. Wax528

Tasted February 24, 2021
    3. dano_obrien

Tasted February 20, 2021
      1.0
      Yeah, no. I love wheated bourbons. I have at least 30 wheated bourbons bottles at home (out of maybe 300 total). Weller, Maker's Mark, Old Elk, etc. But this is.... not BAD as in terrible, but just NOTHING. Taste is like drinking liquid Styrofoam with just a spritz of bourbon flavor. I'd give the rest of the bottle to my wife to make bourbon pancakes or something, but I seriously doubt there is enough flavor to bother. I bet there might been some delicate flavor from the mashbiill and the barrel, but it was lost when it was watered down to 96 proof. I wonder what the cask strength would taste like. I also wonder if they just used a wrong type of barrel, or didn't age it long enough. It carries an age statement of "not less than 4 years". The super light tan color could be another clue.. it's lighter colored than almost any other bourbon I have. I'd expect a color like this out of a Scotch. This bottle is marked as "batch 004".
    4. Michael-Thomas1

Tasted February 18, 2021
    5. ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

Remove ads, get access to premium features, and more with
      Distiller Pro

6. Puckguy

Tasted February 13, 2021
      Meh, spicy, ok to not get again
    7. kpp80202

Tasted February 1, 2021
      Spice, vanilla, brown sugar, and nuttiness, with a moderate length finish. I need to try this head to head with Weller Special Reserve and Maker's 46.
    8. javolp11

Tasted February 1, 2021
    9. Crickettwo2

Tasted January 24, 2021
    10. Michael-Thomas1

Tasted January 20, 2021
    11. Big_Pete

Tasted January 17, 2021
      The tasting notes on here are spot on. A very nice bourbon. I don’t prefer most bourbons, as I tend to be more of a scotch drinker. To others like me that want to find a nice bourbon, wheated bourbons may be the way to go. This is my first one and I really like it.
    Results 21-30 of 204 Tastes