Redemption Wheated Bourbon

1. bettin

2. scoreboard

Total Wine & More
    3. TheWhiskeyJug

NOSE Honied graham, fruit, caramel, melon rind, cocoa, marshmallow, grain and wood. The aroma is so light, there just isn’t much going on and what little is happening is watery and woody and… almost… crafty. PALATE Honied graham, fruit, caramel, wood, melon rind, marshmallow and some grain sweetness. It’s oddly even lighter, it’s like whiskey-flavored water, there’s just not much happening in this Redemption Wheated Bourbon and I find myself stretching and searching for signs of more. FINISH Short -> Honied graham, fruit and cereal sweetness that’s gone in a flash.
    4. jrhurren

5. ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

Remove ads, get access to premium features, and more with
      Distiller Pro

6. djembe_

Light vanilla, spice, orange
    7. druzinski

The Stillery
    8. Big_Pete

9. cmolek

*Neat - sweet on the front with a bit of bite after Drop - much less sweet on the front, enhances complexity of flavor with a bite on the end still
    10. Wax528

11. dano_obrien

1.0
      Yeah, no. I love wheated bourbons. I have at least 30 wheated bourbons bottles at home (out of maybe 300 total). Weller, Maker's Mark, Old Elk, etc. But this is.... not BAD as in terrible, but just NOTHING. Taste is like drinking liquid Styrofoam with just a spritz of bourbon flavor. I'd give the rest of the bottle to my wife to make bourbon pancakes or something, but I seriously doubt there is enough flavor to bother. I bet there might been some delicate flavor from the mashbiill and the barrel, but it was lost when it was watered down to 96 proof. I wonder what the cask strength would taste like. I also wonder if they just used a wrong type of barrel, or didn't age it long enough. It carries an age statement of "not less than 4 years". The super light tan color could be another clue.. it's lighter colored than almost any other bourbon I have. I'd expect a color like this out of a Scotch. This bottle is marked as "batch 004".
    Results 1-10 of 191 Tastes