Sauza Tequila Blanco

Tequila Mixto Blanco

Tequila Valley, Jalisco, Mexico

  • Cost

  • Distiller Score

  • Avg. Rating

    2 out of 5 stars
    ( 17 )

The entry-level marque in the Sauza tequila portfolio, Sauza Silver is a mixto tequila that works best in mixed drinks. It is 51% agave with the remainder coming from pure cane sugar. This is distilled in stainless steel stills and is bottled unaged at 80 proof.

  • age
  • abv
  • Tequila Mixto Blanco
    Distilled from at least 51% blue Weber agave, the remaining 49% can be sugars (usually cane sugar). This category is unaged and clear.
  • Cask Type

Tasting Notes

"In the glass, there is an aggressively alcoholic punch, with a hint of pepper and a whiff of petrol. In the mouth, Sauza Silver manages to be both hot and peppery and convey an artificial-tasting sweetness with no discernible agave flavor. The finish is hot but thankfully brief. Alcohol is the dominant flavor overall, and this tequila is rough and generally unpleasant in its own."

Reviewed by

Remove ads, get access to upcoming features, and more with
Distiller Pro

Flavor Profile

Sweet & Bitter