Sauza Tequila Gold

Tequila Mixto Gold

Tequila Valley, Jalisco, Mexico

community rating

2 out of 5 stars
( 27 )

Sauza Gold is an unaged mixto tequila produced using 51% agave and 49% sugar-cane spirit distillate. Caramel coloring is added to give the gold color. This is really designed to be hidden behind strong mixers or consumed quickly in shots.

  • age
  • Cost
  • abv
  • Tequila Mixto Gold
    Distilled from at least 51% blue Weber agave, the remaining 49% can be sugars (usually cane sugar). They are not aged, but use caramel-coloring to provide the gold color. Can be bottled outside of Mexico.
  • Cask Type

Tasting Notes

"Big alcohol burn on the nose with light vanilla, pepper, petrol and the slightest hint of agave. On the palate, this is surprisingly sweet, with vanilla, caramel and agave with a big peppery punch. To finish, more pepper and a hint of bitter herbs with a touch of minerality before disappearing."

Score 77

Remove ads, get access to upcoming features, and more with
Distiller Pro

Flavor Profile

Sweet & Spicy

Trusted Partner Stores