Stalk & Barrel Rye Cask #17

Stalk & Barrel // Ontario, Canada

RARE
  1. crujones33

1.0
    This eating may be unfair as I don't like rye whiskies. I wanted to know that I tried this one.
  2. MrWhiskerz

Awfully close to their red blend however it has a chalky, dusty, leathery thing going on that the red blend doesn't. They both share the same extreme sweet peppery note, and the vanilla but the 100% rye is more intense, more floral, dryer and definitely less sweet. Red blend is also much creamier and sweeter on the nose more like an Irish whiskey. At the extreme end S&B rye tastes almost like a dusty rye infused almond extract...Ya theres definitely more rye spice here. A very interesting one, and like the red blend it's so different I barely know how to score it...Considering the price I suggest trying out the red blend first and if you like the distinctly vanilla/peppery rye, you'll really enjoy this.
  3. Gwad

Sitting in Gibson’s in collingwood with Remy have decaf espresso. Fresh and clean. Light yellow colour. Smooth. Toffee and Caramel. Hot pepper and honey finish.
  4. qwk_6ix

1.0
  5. Penner

6. etchouta

7. Klokeidt

8. Debo740

Have to agree with Blair's notes on this one. Very fragrant, full of spice, hay, brown sugar and rye. Such a good rye whisky. Would recommend to anybody who is a Canadian Rye fan. I can't believe I found it for $55 on clearance at a local LCBO.
  9. Bemartin11

10. tfahey1298

Picked up my bottle at the distillery early summer 2015. Thus is a young whisky, but full of flavor. Had a taste while at the distillery but forgot to write down my notes. My bottle not yet opened. Will update later when I have opened and tasted. Waiting for a release that is a little bit older... maybe 5 years? The extra time in the cask should make this spirit better. Still Waters is doing interesting things here in Ontario!