The Dubliner Irish Whiskey

Blended

The Dubliner // Ireland

1. Wojtek-Nowacki

Sweet eggnog, some spicy booziness and even a little bit of smoke. Weirdly unbalanced, but any Irish with some character is appreciated.
  2. r2b2atx

3. Ancient33w

I opened this bottle a little while ago with my dad and some family friends. I bought my bottle in the low $20s. Of the group, most of us were Bourbon drinkers and one was a Scotch drinker. This Dubliner Irish Whiskey was one whiskey we all mostly liked. I like Bourbons for their full flavors and sweetness and I like Rye for its spiciness I really like this for its sharpness and bolder flavor. I have had several Irish whiskeys and this has the best flavor of the "starter whiskeys" from Ireland namely Bushmills, Jameson, and Tullamore Dew. I don't put Powers in that group as it is a bit more expensive. I normally prefer Dew to any of the others and I have several versions of it in my bar but the flavor of Dubliner was very good to me. In the beginning, it is sharp and fruity especially with ice and the taste lingers in my mouth much as Bourbons do. The taste lingers in my mouth easily between drinks and is pleasant and softening. I really do like this whiskey for sitting around and talking and it pairs well with fruits and cheeses. This is a good choice that is a step above the introductory Irish whiskey group but will not break the bank.
  4. Ancient33w

I really like this for its sharpness and bolder flavor. I have had several Irish whiskeys and this has the best flavor of the "starter whiskeys" from Ireland. The flavors are a bit sharp and not like other Irish whiskeys that I have tried. The taste lasts longer than most Irish whiskeys and the flavors soften as it passes over my palate. The Dubliner goes very well with fruits and cheese and is very nice on the rocks. Overall, this is a very good intro Irish whiskey and it has a nice flavor. Enjoy.
  5. 11rainbow11

6. Herb

7. ricardoduplos

Lisbon
  8. Toby-Meatyard

9. WhiskeyLonghorn

Time to begin reviewing all the bottles I received for Christmas this past year, starting with the "lowest rated" one, and moving my way up. This bottle came to me courtesy of a coworker who knows I like whisky but is on a budget. Regardless of how the tasting goes, this was a thoughtful and considerate purchase on their part, and I'm grateful to have it on my shelf. As an added bonus, it's a great pour! Marketed as an Irish blend with not a ton of information available about it, this punches well above it's weight, kind of like the Irish version of Wild Turkey 101. The nose is shy, but inoffensive. None of the shiny, spiky metallic grain notes you find in Jameson or other budget blends. I'm guessing there's a high proportion of malt in this one. The taste really shines. Like warm honey on a hot, buttered roll at Thanksgiving with that biscuity, malty aftertaste you get in a lot of Irish whiskies. I'm digging this! And at $23 a bottle, I may keep this one around as a fine daily drinker. Unfortunately I feel like this pour has suffered from the infamous "Low Distiller Rating", and doesn't get a lot of traffic. This isn't a world-changing whiskey, but hardly worth the middling mid-70's rating it received here. I'd rate it at a solid 85-86 at least. Cheers!
  10. paul64