Trail's End Bourbon

Hood River Distilling // Kentucky (bottled in Oregon), USA

1. Wayne-Hill

2. BeerNinjaEsq

A let down. Interesting nose. Reminded me at first of Willet Pot Still Reserve, but then picked up peppermint and bubblegum qualities as it opened up with a touch of cinnamon and anise. Really reminds me of of Bazooka Joe gum. Taste was light, but okay. May have been because I tried this after some stronger stuff (like Booker's 2018-4). In any case, there's that Bazooka Joe again. Also, some light herbal notes, wood tannin, and dried fruit (lightly apricot?). Sadly, I consider this a waste of $30-40. IMHO, could have been better spent on or applied towards something substantially better.
  3. zachbess

4. jaredthedestroyer

Sun-kissed amber color. A vanilla nose and a vanilla finish make for very symmetrical sipping. Straightforward and sweet in a pleasant way, like the girl next door in a glass.
  5. nmckimmy

Dayton
  6. nmckimmy

Dayton
  7. nmckimmy

8. blurntguy

9. JKep16

10. dubz480

This is one interesting pour. It's always interesting to see what kind of influence an oak finish will have and in this case it's pronounced. This is an 8 yr old Kentucky Bourbon (most likely Heaven Hill stock) finished in Oregon oak Casks. Now call me niave but I didn't expect a big shift in the classic HH flavor profile. I was wrong. Right upon entry you get classic brown sugar and vanilla notes but are then almost instantly hit with a really unique note. It's like fresh cut oak and smoke combined! The sweet vanilla, and candy corn come back in a medium finish that also has some subtle spice. Originally I put this as a 3 star pour but the more I sip the more I enjoy it. If you are are fan of peaty Scotch and Bourbon this will be right up your alley. Nothing else tastes quite like it. Cheers all.
    12.0 USD per Pour