WhistlePig The Boss Hog IV: The Black Prince

Rye

WhistlePig // Indiana (bottled in Vermont), USA

Buy Now
  1. worldwhiskies95

Great stuff with notes of rye spice, bready biscuits, maple syrup, spearmint, cinnamon, cloves, pepper, chocolate, cherry, creme brûlée, floral notes, sultanas, plums, coffee, and loads of pepper. Nice Armagnac influence without overpowering the classic rye flavors.
    55.0 USD per Pour
    Bondurants
  2. Julius-Vasquez

This is a amazing tasting rye and is it worth the 499.00 price tag no but I was able to trade up and get this beautiful dram. Here is my review that on my Facebook Group I run call What it’s titled “Whiskey 🥃 Grilling Time Review!” “WHISTLEPIG THE BOSS HOG IV: THE BLACK PRINCE REVIEW!” Best of Show San Francisco World Spirits Competition 17’ Taste Note: "The nose reveals warming spices, with cinnamon, oak, rye bread, and spearmint. The palate slowly starts spicy, delivering the potent punch of its high proof. What follows is brown sugar and crème brûlée, with a medicinal and herbal organic taste, almost savory, background with a hint of smoke. A dash or two of water tames the beast and delivers more of its vanilla sweetness. This is a finish is long, with char, spicy oak, and vanilla." This hit all the points of a G.O.A.T. whiskey 🥃 “A full belly, a heavy hog, and a light of luck!” Cheers!
    Connected Wireless, Inc.
  3. mattianluke

4. vodkaviscous

5. David-Crespo

6. Jordan-Kessler

Nose: the entire candy shop. Baked sugar, confectioners sugar, all of the sweets. Mild hotness, expected at 118pf. Palate: yeah there's the sugar. Mild citrus (mild grapefruit, orange zest), stone from of tree nuts (??). Finish: light alcohol, white sugar, smooth as can be. Lingers around until a fading finish, desires to be drank further. Would have rated a 5* if not for the price - buying this at $200 all day, can't justify the $500 cost.
  7. querusdp

Smith & Wollensky
  8. rcrozby

1.0
    Luckily a friend bought this bottle and we tried it together as it is not worth $500 nor is it worth more than a $60 bottle. My friend and I both agreed that he wasted his money on this and a regular Sazerac bottle for $30 is of better overall taste. We were also tasting my Blanton's gold at the time so there was no question Blanton's was way better as well. Don't believe the hype as it's not worth the cost! Buy or try Thomas Handy Sazerac or 3 Kentucky Owls if your going to spend the same cost!
  9. Red-Q

My absolute fave. Often times people would say oh this is not my top or there are better bottles that only cost this much and so on and so forth. I respect their opinion but it does not determine/affect my own personal taste and neither it should for anyone else. Having said that, I purchased this bottle despite the steep price because of how everything about it screams special in connection to my own personal life. For that alone, its value already weighs as heavy as gold. And I know that whenever I'll take a sip, all the wonderful memories will come rushing back. So special bottles should have other qualities besides the superb nose/taste if they command such prices. This edition of boss hog hits everything FOR ME perfectly.
    Harrison Wine Vault