Wild Turkey Tradition

Wild Turkey // Kentucky, USA

RARE
  1. TerrapinTide

Well, I’m a sucker for fairly rare things like this. Only ~14k released in US? Ok, I’ll try a (nice, unmeasured pour) for less than $25 for something this rare. Glad I’ve tried it, probably won’t get again if I see it. I’ve got to wonder if other drinkers have been rating for the rarity? Not much detail on why folks liked it. I wonder if buyers remorse is setting in and one can’t rate something low that one has paid (high price) for? Understand I’m by no means a professional and am more apt to be able to say “I like it” or “I don’t like it”. However, here’s what I found: The nose is pretty nice. Caramel and some leather. However, the flavor left something to be desired. It’s pretty light, not much linger. Even at 101, didn’t feel much heat. In the tasting, I got some pepper when swishing around my mouth, and some rye notes at the very end. Not sweet at all, but perhaps a hint of the caramel up front in the flavor. I feel like I’d be just as happy with the 101, which I find I like for the (low) price. All in all, not a bad dram, but only highly rated for the rarity. I’ll say a 3 on flavor, 4+ for the rare find. Probably not worth the money if you’re looking for flavor.
  2. stuartmills

3. Lawrence-Xie

4. jvonkluck

5. blanton

Drank this at a country pub who didn’t realise they’d stumbled upon a rare gem. Absolutely stupendous—rich, creamy nose; a potent, oily, caramel mouthfeel and a lingering finish. Wish I’d made them an offer for the rest of the bottle.
  6. VTDeez