Woodford Reserve Master's Collection Batch Proof 123.6

Woodford Reserve // Kentucky, USA

1. jmaczko

2. Jdimler

While I enjoy the standard Woodford offer I have never owned a bottle. The cask strength versions however I have enjoyed having around. This 2020 version is no different. Yes it’s on the high end of what I normally pay but it’s available and on the shelf and I think it offers a unique blend of flavors. I get that hint of cedar, oak, dried apricot, and leather on the nose. It smells wonderful. The palate is not super complex but extremely bold. Molasses, brown sugar, vanilla, tart cherry and sweet oak on the palate. The finish is long and showcases a really nice dose of vanilla, cocoa, white pepper, maple syrup and a dash of worn leather. It’s a pure pleasure of an experience.
  3. petegbme

4. joshliford

This is a top notch bourbon in all aspects and I don’t agree with the negatives that I’ve been seeing this get (almost all are completely based on price and not the whiskey). I think most people who appreciate bourbon can agree that regular Woodford reserve is one of the most quintessential bourbons out there. Ever since I first tried Woodford, I wanted to know what the barrel proof would taste like and I finally got my answer. This is a much more rich bourbon than the regular Woodford with all the same notes. It has an oily consistency that coats the palate extremely well and provides a smooth and lasting finish. I get brown butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup up front. I get a big cherry bomb on the mid palate with a nice spicy oak finish that sticks with you. I don’t believe bringing this up along with the double oaked does either bourbon justice as they are not even remotely trying to come across as the same bourbon. Also, I believe it’s extremely important to not let price affect a review and just judge the whiskey based on the whiskey itself. All things considered, this taste very much like a top shelf bourbon. It’s complex, highly drinkable, and all around a unique experience. I paid MSRP and don’t regret it in the slightest. After all, the best whiskey is the whiskey you like the way you like to drink it.
  5. bastiana

Flavors are bold, balanced and complex. It has the sweetness, spiciness, oakiness, a hint of smokiness and they all work well and are helped by the high proof. Finish is good but some flavors fall off.
  6. bastiana

The nose is awesome and explodes out of the glass. The palate matches with bold and complex sweetness almost resembling the double oaked. A mild spiciness balances it. The finish is good but a little disappointing. Overall an absolutely delicious bourbon.
  7. AndrewAvellan

8. James-Savage

Creamy molasses
  9. LagunaSurfer

10. Brian-Watts

Vanilla, cherry cola, cinnamon. Long oak and pepper finish. Really great pour.

• Del Mesa Liquor