Zuidam Millstone 12 Year Sherry Cask

Zuidam // Netherlands

1. Jos-Mass-Espinel

A Dalmore Doppelganger. It reminded me of that internet meme of the two spidermans pointing at each other. Amazing dram. Delicious and almost a 5.0. Beautiful packaging too. Did i mentiom this is dutch? From the netherlands? A truly interesting single malt. Bottled at 46%. Cant remember the color i had too many by the time i wrote my notes of this. On the nose: it is a Dalmore! Wedding cake. Sherry, raisins, figs. On the palate: It is a Dalmore! Wedding cake, christmas cake, super oaky, candied fruit. Delicious. Finish full of liquorice, very pleasant. Overall i give this dram a 94 over 100 and i truly think it deserves more and i am not been fair here. Go find it.
  2. Leendert-van-Duijn

3. Radubalas

Charlie Pub & Restaurant
  4. sjpclaessen

5. rookie24u

6. Soba45

This is an interesting distillery. There is the same note that goes through this dram similar to its brother I tried weeks ago. The distiller reviewer described it as marmalade, maybe that maybe a hint of cough syrup which is prevalent on the after taste. It's the type of note which makes me usually round down to a 3 and I can see how others might. I'm not sure even if the balance is quite there with the alcohol either but there is something I like about this. Even after that I was trending to a 3.75 but now I'm not sure. I'm thinking maybe a 3.25 with the aftertaste. I preferred its more boltchie rye based brother I think.
  7. merijndenijs

8. baslfr

1.0
  9. Guus-Degen

10. IndustrialStrengthFun

The pint Liquor store (Amsterdam)