Ardbeg Uigeadail

7. Antoniop

59.0 EUR per Bottle
  8. Xellos00

9. MountainRoot

Appearance: Clover honey is the color, and thin viscous legs cling to the glass. Nose: The nose in this scotch is delicious, but different from anything I’ve ever smelled in a whisk(e)y. It starts off floral and sweet with lychee fruit and maple, followed by more rugged peaty smoke, sawdust, dry hay, burning rubber, and strangely the smells of a Hobby Lobby craft store and cooked broccoli. Taste: There is an initial heat in the beginning, then after acclimation, notes of honey, salty brine, peat, strawberries, and a sweeter-side red wine. Finish: The finish is moderate and has a fruity wine aftertaste. Thoughts: This scotch was really good, and I would recommend others to at least try it, but coming off the heels of the last Ardbeg I tried, this one, to my tastes, is inferior. I liked that it threw me for a loop at times but it wasn’t as flavorful as I think it could have been, which is weird because Ardbeg did a great job at keeping it at an honest flavorful proof. It is still very good, but the Corryvreckan is currently my favorite. Thanks again, Ardbeg! Sláinte!
    6.0 USD per Pour