Bowmore Vintner's Trilogy 26 Year French Oak Barrique

Bowmore // Islay, Scotland

1. Roadtripper4Ever

2. 450.0 CAD per Bottle
  3. wittgenstein

Peaty, sweet, floral, woody and dry
  4. marcantoineml

Nose : Peat smoke is present from the start, but is instantly tempered by a wine sweetness. Matured wine is a prime in long run, alongside a touch of spicy vanilla. Taste : Wow! Sweet smoke is present, but the wine finish is the real star. Its sweet malty, woody, grapey, chocolatey composition is phenomenal. Finish : Finish is lenghty, with the wine present and slowly going away. The smoke is really faint up to that point but present for a long moment. An amazing bottle! Perfectly balanced with a distinct taste. An artisan’s work!
  5. DrinkerDiary

★★★★★ Bowmore Vertical 6 of 7 Dear diary...26 years old, it's as old as my son. It is a dream in bottle, a delight of the gods, a magical enchantment. I have the impression that Merlin himself used his magic to make this whisky almost perfect. I like these tastings which allow us to taste products that we would never be able to afford to drink. Thank you, Nelligan!
    535.0 CAD per Bottle
  6. AJLovesWhiskey

Holy peat Batman!!
  7. drummerweed

Sometimes you just have co-workers who are way to generous! Got to have a dram of this at work and basically sipped on it for a few hours. I honestly couldn't believe that he was even sharing it. Took this back to my desk and decided to let it carry me the rest of the day into my upcoming vacation tomorrow. Nose: Reminds me of walking into the cellars that my family had in Kazakhstan. A damp wet smell, but filled with fruit and herbs. A definite oak taste, but quickly overpowered by cocoa combined with prunes, and raisins. Taste: The taste explodes with flavor. The cocoa and prunes continue, but slowly turns a bit more sweet. More along the lines of raisins, and liquorice. Finish: Gotta love how smooth this goes down. A nice dark fruit finish with those prunes, raisins, and liquorice. However at the end a short and pleasant pepper after tase. Overall impression: Wow, this is a very nice dram and once I get rich I would love to have this on my shelf.
  8. Phle