Canadian Club Chronicles 42 Year

Canadian Club // Ontario, Canada

RARE
  1. Don-Pettipas

2. MNAmateur

3. I tasted this and it was nice, but after all the good honest whisky we’ve had out of Canada recently I don’t have much patience for a rule that allows a splash of brandy. Mixing spirits is what I call a cocktail. I enjoy cocktails. I like to make them too. It’s just a huge part of the enjoyment of whisky for me is marveling at the magic of time and wood. This feels like cheating. I don’t judge anyone who loves this or other traditional Canadian whiskies, but I’ll save my tasting notes and ratings for the unadulterated stuff.
  4. Slader

5. Teddy-W

Really excited about trying it out, but not overly impressed with it. The nose is really rich and sweet but not very complex. The pallet is also very sweet and spice forward, but there’s really nothing much else to it. I thought the extensive age would round off most of the spice, but on the contrary it was still quite spice forward. It is a very easy drinking whiskey. It is uncomplicated good whiskey. These terms should used for a intro whiskey and not a 42 year old. I’m glad I got a sample from a friend because after tasting it I don’t think I would pay that much to acquire it. Pretty looking bottle though.
  6. Chandhole