Dos Hombres Espadin Mezcal

Mezcal Joven

Dos Hombres // Oaxaca, Mexico

1. stephenschimpf

I’m a whisk(e)y drinker. This is my first mezcal, bought for Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston’s virtual tasting. I didn’t know they’d just make cocktails. I’m not into cocktails, so I drink this neat, in a Glencairn glass. I have nothing to compare it to, except several tequilas I’ve tried, mostly añejo and extra añejo, which I do enjoy occasionally. I don’t find the agave aroma to be all that pleasant, although it’s nowhere near as bad as from some tequilas I’ve tried. It initially burns on the way down, but after a few sips that goes away and the flavor gets better. It’s sweet, with a pronounced smokiness that’s pretty nice. Would I buy another bottle? No. When I bought this one, I noticed there are añejo mezcals, and if I buy more mezcals, I think I’d prefer to try some of them. After I try more mezcals, I may realize this one is a gem, but for now it gets a 2.5 rating until I have a reason to raise or lower it.
    Total Wine & More
  2. Kyle-Posey

3. pinch

Perfect with some hibiscus drink.
  4. Strewth

5. Tobaw

Smoky Paprika - perfection
  6. mckrider

7. proatc

What a great journey in this glass. Leather, cooked carne asada smoked cedar. There is a hint of tobacco as well. Wow. Must buy.
  8. Houston's