Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Bourbon Batch B521

1. joealtadonna

Tasted June 19, 2021
    2. joeparkerpoe

Tasted June 16, 2021
      Definitely not what I expected from ECBP. Almost a fruity/sour/sweet palate with none of the kick-you-in-the-teeth heat or heavy flavors of the other batches. This is the lowest proof so some of that is to be expected but it’s still interesting… Definitely gonna let it open up and I’ll edit my review… I use the rating scale below. Distiller uses a scale of 5 and I use a scale of 10, but I’m sure you’re not too drunk to do the math! 1. Disgusting - So bad I poured it out. 2. Poor - I wouldn't consume by choice. 3. Bad - Multiple flaws. 4. Below average - Not bad, but many things I'd rather have. 5. Good - Just average. 6. Very Good - Better than average. 7. Great - Well above average. 8. Excellent - In a league of its own. 9. Incredible - An all-time favorite. 10. Perfect
    3. bondedinbooze

7. missashwelton

8. missashwelton

9. dhsilv2

Tasted June 12, 2021
      93? Amanda, go home, you're drunk. So this is already the least loved ECBP, perhaps ever. Nose - classic vanilla forward bourbon, really what I want in a bourbon. Oak notes at the end. Nothing epic but very very nice and pleasing. Slight smoked oak notes at the end, good char. As it opens it gets a bit bitter. It's lacking anything special for an ECBP but honestly just fine. Taste - This is where I get some of the issues with this batch. It's very very easy to drink for the proof. But that's also a problem,there's none of the deep richness or depth I expect on an ECBP. It's creamy with some nutty notes, great bourbon classic notes, but it's just missing ECBP depth and richness. Water, a lot of water, brings out some cherry notes which I like. I can tell this is aged and I can tell it's really well made. I both do an don't get some of the love hate here. I guess I should do a side by side but for now I'm ok with a 2.75 here which I've given 3.0 to better ECBP's but I think I've been overly critical in the past. This is way better than an average bourbon and even better than an average scotch. I will say this, there's no "WOW" here. I'll try and come back to this..
    10. JMar

Tasted June 11, 2021
      Very special bourbon. I will be nursing this bottle over time. Deep amber. Smooth. Rich flavor. Long char finish. Oily. Tasted it side by side with Knob 15. EC 12 is superior. I feel like that is saying a lot because KC 15 is really good.
    Results 1-10 of 39 Tastes