George Dickel No. 12

Tennessee

George Dickel // Tennessee, USA

1. Phil-Berry

I’ll keep this short and sweet on this review! Nose: corn,nutmeg and flu stone vitamins Palate: corn up front ,some creaminess, and a hint of spice . Almost a nutmeg spice. Finish: is more of the same but pleasant 82/100 For the price it’s a solid pour that is slept on for whatever reason! Makes a nice decanter whiskey
  2. BlakeLech

3. Zachary-Robbins

I picked up a 375 mL plastic bottle of this for $12.95 in preparation for trying the new BiB offering. I haven't had GD 12 since college, so I could not remember how it tasted. I was pleasantly surprised how different this was from Jack Daniel's offerings, and how much cheaper all of GD products are compared to their TN rival. This is unlike most bourbons I've tried recently. When I've heard people describe cereal and corn dust for other whiskeys, I wasn't quite sure what they meant. Now I do. The corn dust jumps out of the glass for GD 12, with little hint of sweetness or fruit. I smell heavy corn with some oak. I may get a little butterscotch, but that could be because I've read numerous reviews. The taste is a little bit smoother and lighter than the nose, it goes down nicely. More bread/cereal on the taste. I get a medium oak finish that lingers but is not unpleasant. This is a really good budget whiskey, and the plastic bottle is great for camping trips.
  4. Howard-Chase

This may be suitable for mixing, especially around the holidays. The maple finish is overpowering on my palate, and I doubt I'll be sipping neat again. The remaining notes are not bad, but complexity is lacking, and out of balance with the maple.
  5. renelebreton

6. gleemonger

7. BGasswint

Old Hickory Whiskey Bar
  8. Bergkampgunner

Better than the rye but that doesn’t say much. I saw 12 and expected Weller 12 rival. This it is NOT. It’s trash compared to WSR
  9. Lauren-Koop-Daughtrey