Glenmorangie A Tale of Cake

1. Pfree3son

Tasted October 24, 2020
    2. JWHayter

Tasted October 20, 2020
      This is a whisky you chose when you are having a sweet tooth! The pineapple, Granny Smith and light vanilla come on like a sweet gentle summer breeze. The palate agrees with the nose with just a bit of baking spice added in. The finish is longer than the Original Glenmorangie! My wife isn’t a typical Scotch fan but she really likes this expression
    3. Guitar_mann

Tasted October 19, 2020
      For the longest time I figured myself a Glenlivet guy with a few visits off the reserve to The Macallan. Either my tastes have evolved or I never gave Glenmorangie it's proper due to begin with. I need to look back at several reviews and see if this might be valid. I think it might be the fruitiness and absence of the smoky notes Glenmorangie offers that apeals to me. A Tale Of Cake continues their goodness. N - Tart fruit with almost a cider vinegar aroma. P - Sweet Cherries, pear, apricot, vanilla with spicy back of mouth heat. Adding water significantly reduced flavors. F - Medium to long with rich dark fruit flavors. Solid 4 stars.
    4. huhato

Tasted October 19, 2020
      Simply one of the best I have has from Glenmorangie. Spectacular! This is my dessert Scotch for sure.
    5. cncdad

Tasted October 17, 2020
      Total Wine & More
    6. David-Vandermeulen

Tasted October 17, 2020
    7. Erik-Brotemarkle

Tasted October 16, 2020
      You literally cannot go wrong with a Glenmorangie scotch. This special offering will require a second bottle for sure. Unique and sweet! Meringue
      Total Wine & More
    8. Joeninety90

Tasted October 16, 2020
    9. Spamin76

Tasted October 15, 2020
      This is my first real drink after about a month long alcohol fast(due to a prolonged course of multiple antibiotics after an unexpected health emergency). By all means, this is certainly an interesting spirit to return to the whiskey world after what has been an unpleasantly interesting period of my life. First and foremost, this is Glenmorangie- it smells like Glenmorangie, it tastes like Glenmorangie - it's got the pleasant malt flavors, honey and grass, a little bit of citrus on the nose. It has a grassy and earthy nose, in some ways similar to a sherry, but not funky like sherry frequently gets. The taste is classic Glenmorangie, but it doesn't overwhelm the core spirit. It has more honey, more herbal flavors, grape, but it has a lemony/tart finish. I also found an earthy character similar to wet gravel. The finish is quite long for a Glenmorangie. When I started the glass, I didn't really get anything reminiscent of cake, but as I've gone along, those flavors are starting to pop out. It does remind me a bit of yellow cake with vanilla frosting, or maybe lemon pound cake. I've had many varieties of Glenmorangie, 10, 18, Signet, Sherry, Port, Sauternes, Milsean, and Cadboll. I'm enjoying this, but I'd put it in the middle. The Signet is sublime, but I think I'd stick with the cheaper Port or Sauternes or shell out a few more dollars to go for the 18. Still, it's a worthy entry into the catalog, particularly for one predisposed to enjoy Glenmorangie - something that I am guilty as charged. This weekend, I'm going to see if I can pair it with some pound cake, to see how it fairs. Dr. Bill might just be an insane genius - this might just be cake in a glass.
    10. Superdave

Tasted October 15, 2020
      Read many favorable reviews and lucked out and picked up a bottle. Up front, I think Glenmorangie is brilliant with this one, as they have created a whisky that will be exciting and approachable by the ladies, both in terms of the taste and the packaging. Having said that, this is an excellent dram, that will not only appeal to the fairer sex, but even seasoned male aficionados will enjoy its complexity and unique flavor profile. In particular, the mouthfeel is full, heavy and creamy, which is a terrific complement to the nose and taste. As much as I love my smoky Islays, this one is truly genius on multiple levels. Kudos, Glenmorangie! SUPPLEMENT - Did another more formal tasting with friends last night, and highly recommend that everyone do this: The host had us do a tasting of some Tokaji wine. Then we cleansed our palate and did a tasting of Cake. It was an excellent way to do it, and one could really get a better sense of the Tokaji flavors, etc. Highly recommend!
    Results 81-90 of 100 Tastes