Gordon's London Dry Gin (40%)

London Dry Gin

Gordon's // Canada

1. DadBodsUSA

Floral with citrus, lavender, cinnamon, lime
  2. cofilaate

3. sysoj

4. mpfo

My preference when going for volume over quality. Crisp citrus note and a big value price point.
  5. Dase

Continuing with the bottom shelf Gin bottle reviews, I picked up a bottle of this at the same time I bought the Burnett’s. I wanted to do a side by side and finally declare a true winner between the two. This is not the first time I’ve tried Gordon’s. I paired it with store brand tonic water from Albertsons and it was one of the worst spirits experiences I’ve ever had. It brought out this overpowering pepper taste, the sugar/sweetness from the tonic water left a overwhelming aftertaste. Not to mention the massive headache that lingered through the evening and following morning. Fast forward a couple of months and here I am back with a glass of Gordon’s, when will I ever learn. After reading reviews here and over at Proff66, I felt like I didn’t give this a fair shot to succeed. This time I’m doing things a little different, I’m pairing the Gordon’s with a high quality tonic water (Q tonic), just like I did with the Burnett’s. What a true night and day experience, I taste juniper, citrus (maybe) too, it’s somewhat clean, crisp and refreshing. These are all tasting experiences that was not to be found the previous time. Plus, and this is HUGE, no headaches or awful feelings that night or the following day! It’s amazing the impact a true quality tonic water can have. I’ll never go back to store brand and pass on a drink that’s paired with it. Now it was not all positive, I did encounter a noticeable sweetness taste with each glass. I also got a weird after taste that I don’t know if from the sweetness or something else in the bottle. Overall, I’m glad I gave this a second chance, this is why I so happy to have found places like Distler and Proof66 to help with my spirits journey. Now to wrap this all up, I do have this a distant second place to Sir Roberts Burnett’s London Dry Gin. If looking at strictly gin and tonic experience alone, the Burnett’s wins hands down. Then you add on top that it’s always a $1 (right now $2) less then Gordon’s at the moment, it’s leaving Gordon’s in the dust and it’s no longer on the map.
    Spirits World