Herradura Legend Tequila

Tequila Añejo

Tequila Herradura // Tequila Valley, Jalisco, Mexico

1. sethkauf

2. El_Mandilon

AROMA: It smells like how you would expect an añejo to smell. I’m not expert by any means but it seems “stronger” than, say, Don Julio 1942. *Edit*: It’s been about 7 minutes since I’ve had about two nice drinks of it and I’m amazed at how I’m reacting now. I’m starting to sweat a little and I feel like the tequila is taking its affect on me, as I don’t drink often. But I can now smell the sweetness! It reminds me of Jack Daniels for some reason. I’m going to take another sip. TASTE: The taste is very bold. I mean pretty bold. Again, I’m by no means a connoisseur of tequila, so I’m not trained in spotting the oak or subtleties within but it’s very strong, at least that’s how I perceive it. *Edit (day 2)* So I decided to take another glass and try some more. I’m not sure if it’s the aeration from opening the bottle yesterday but my goodness, it’s a lot smoother now. I mean much, much smoother. It reminds me of Don Julio 1942. I’m enjoying it much more than I did yesterday and have changed my opinion. FINISH (day 1): I found the finish to be a bit harsh during my first two drinks, but now, it’s a bit smoother and pleasurable. Perhaps it’s because my palate and whatnot have to get accustomed to the tequila but the finish is enjoyable now. *Edit* (Day 2): The finish has improved markedly since yesterday. Truly, it’s extremely smooth and much more enjoyable, even at the first sip and gulp. I felt no harsh burn or anything anymore; it’s warm going gown and the aftertaste is very pleasant. It’s toasty. DRINK AGAIN (day 1): While I do enjoy the flavor, aroma, and finish of this tequila, I believe it’s a bit too bold for me. I prefer it to be smoother. It’s a good tequila but maybe I just need to become more attuned to the intricacies of añejos. *Edit* (Day 2): I would definitely drink it again. I’m sure someone knows the answer but the tequila is a lot smoother now. As mentioned, maybe it’s because I opened it yesterday and the alcohol in the bottle has become aerated. Very pleasant now. I would definitely drink it again.
    BevMo!