High West Yippee Ki-Yay

Rye

High West // USA

1. DGSprick

So, this is interesting and I'm glad I bought a bottle. But not sure I'd buy it again.
  2. BlimpsGo90

Neat. Open for more than 6 months. Full disclosure, last time I had this I also ate bad food and the food poisoning took me down for two days. My body associated the poisoning with the vermouth. This is my first attempt at trying this again.... On the nose, the vermouth dominates (and I survived!) and doesn’t leave much room for the rest of the Whiskey. I am getting vanilla and toasted almond. Little raisin. Not much else. The mouth feel is smooth and thick despite the lower proof. Mmm, okay I like this a lot. The vanilla comes through so bright and vermouth complements it nicely. Toasted almond is hinted at but the vanilla is king here and comes back on the finish. Finish lasts quite a while too. Ah so glad I could try this again. I waited awhile, not to dare my body to self inflict a negative reaction. It’s such a solid, interesting dram. There is a lack of complexity but the flavors it has are so nice.
  3. buckybuck09

Smooth on the nose, licorice, extremely smooth rye- highly highly recommend for a rye drinker!
  4. BSideLock

5. mddamiano

1.5
  6. ceegeekay

7. lemzeigler

8. jtpa007

1.5
    Yuck, this is gross, nasty nose and palate don't waste ur money...the label is the best part
  9. JTBylicki