John B. Stetson Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey

Stetson // Kentucky, USA

1. Ancient33w

This is a difficult bourbon to explain. From what I read on the bottle it is a straight Bourbon Whiskey but it is aged less than 2 years so I am not sure what to make of that. The liquid inside is surprising in that I was expecting a Texas-style in your face bourbon instead I found a very smooth, easy sipping bourbon that had all of the characteristics of a Wheat Bourbon. This is one of the smoothest drinking bourbons I have had in a long time. It rivals W.L. Weller for smoothness and is better than Makers Mark. It is a light tawny color and has a bit of ethanol on the nose along with vanilla and a slight touch of oak. The body neat is just gentle sweetness maybe sugar cookies or the old-style tea cakes my grandmother used to make but not super sweet. The finish was warm with another touch of wood. It is listed on the site for $30 and I found it at a Specs in San Antonio, TX for $18 and at that price I will continue to buy it. If the flavors continue to hold up for making cocktails this may become my everyday bourbon. It is a very smooth bourbon and a great price.
  2. gooders

Sweet and citrus aroma, adding in vanilla and a splinter of wood through the taste. Harsh alcohol notes softening eventually to a relatively pleasant afterglow. A bit rough.
    29.0 GBP per Bottle
  3. Steven82

4. redlegs7576

5. Kimberly-Kallick-Taylor

6. BJams

Good oily texture. Flavor is a bit off, but for a cheaper bottle of bourbon, it’s a good pick.
  7. stp_ball